- Social media
- Digital communications
- Communications professionals
- Other stuff…
Communications during a pandemic
- Creating connection in a remote working world
- The buzz about COVID
- Leading on day one back in the office
- Who will your organisation be post-COVID?
- What has COVID changed about how you work?
- Developing your communications plan for returning to the office
- Then Corona happened
- Managing stakeholder expectations in uncertain times
- Remote connection as a team leader
- How to (productively) work from home
Sharing best practice and new tools
- Strategy sins and channel challenges
- The habit of writing
- Back to basics: My lessons from working with the Cook Islands Government
- What is news? Facebook blocks ‘news’ in Australia
- The importance of having a comms plan
- What would you do if you were Garmin?
- Writers block
- The fight against acronyms
- Crisis communications: What would Jacinda do?
- Taking your clients on the journey
- Adapting your message to your audience
- Why do we overthink when writing?
- Communications planning – the key to not getting lost
- Stoping engaging those who yell the loudest
- Communicating government changes
- How Labor lost the
- What I learnt about communications from my trip to Cuba
- Interview with Nathan Franklin: Market research – the vital ingredient for communications
- Five communications tools that I love
- Trends in communications in 2019
- Making evaluation easy
- Can comms and data live in harmony
? Understanding your environment creates communications plans that work
- Have you started your EA communications strategy?
- Citizen data science – how it is changing communications
- Back to basics: communication strategy development
- Communications measurement and evaluation: why isn’t it a thing we do regularly?
- Have we lost the art of developing a communications strategy?
Communicating and engaging online
- My five tips for effectively using LinkedIn
- Back to basics social media content
- Why old school strategy is the answer to social media woes
- Five social media analytics tools you might not know about
- Only three in ten Australians are excited when they get more likes than usual
- Constrained or refrained – Why
AustralianGovernment use of social media is all one way
Communications in an online world
- How the digital world has changed?
- Designing a great intranet
- Digital inclusion – Are we leaving people behind?
- Undertaking a content audit of your website or intranet
Supporting professionals in the field
- Building respect for communications
- Communicating our value to an organisation
- Next steps in your communications career
- Communications operating models
- Converge: Communicating our value to an organisation
- 2021 challenge: personal development
- I used to be great at multitasking
- Riding the wave of self-confidence
- Where does my drive for demonstrating value come from?
- Why I work in Communications
- Communications: going above and beyond
- How to become a consultant
- Taking your clients on your communications journey
- Demonstrating value as a communications professional
- Working with difficult people
- Feeling undervalued
- Why it is better to respond than react
- Common mistakes in interviews
- What to do when you are feeling overwhelmed
- New to communications? Lessons learnt from a long-term member of the club
- The importance of networking
- How to build better client relationships
ahhhthe “quiet period”
- Find what you love – lessons from someone who walked away from the APS
- Why is self-doubt so prevalent in communications?
- What makes a great communications team?
WhyI went back to uni
- How to recruit the right person for your communications team
- Can you not change the words and just make it pretty?
- To succeed as a communications professional, you need resilience
Leading engaging workshops
- Why you should start your year with a planning day
- Timing time out to reflect as a team
- Creating connection in a remote world
- Behind the scenes in workshop design
- Give a man a workshop, and he’ll learn for a day. Teach a man to facilitate, and he will engage for a lifetime.
Thoughts on being a leader
- Why you need to make friends at work (even when you are the boss)
- Maintaining morale in your team
- Advice for new managers
- Leadership communications in our new normal
- Working from home: Team leader communications
- Supporting your teams mental health
- Note to my future self
- Maintaining your team culture
- I’ve made leadership mistakes
- Creating a strong team culture
- Staying above the line
- Building trust in your team
- Communicating as a leader
- Managing a difficult staff member
- Changing the culture of an organisation
- Setting work goals
- Why it is important to take a break
- Time to celebrate
- I challenge you to be a great leader