I believe that we can all be better communications professionals by sharing our knowledge and resources. Here are some free templates I have created and some resources that I use on a regular basis.
- Need help getting started on a communications strategy here is a template so you don’t miss any of the basics
- One of the hardest things to do is to keep on top of your website or intranet content. Here is a templates that will help you record, analyse and assess your pages.
- One of the most overlooked elements of strategic communications is environmental scanning. I love the PESTLE framework as I find it easy but comprehensive so I created a template with some questions to help get to your answers.
- Many of us still struggle with how to manage social media. I believe part of the answer is in using communication stratgy fundamentals so here is a plan to help get you back on track
- A great way to get started on strategic engagement is to understand your audience. This is a simple tool, but it will require some time to complete it. You will need to do some desktop research and probably talk to some other people in your organisation about each group. I know, I know, you don’t have time but trust me it’s worth the effort!
- If you are looking to evaluate your communication activities you can’t go past the International Association for Measurement and Evaluation of Communications (AEMC) interactive framework.
There are sooooo many social media analytics tools that are free or free trial. Just a few that I like.
- Netvizz – Download all of your Facebook data. Hint search for Netvizz directly in Facebook.
- Hashtagify – find related hashtags to extend your reach.
- Bluenod – understand your online network.
Other social media tools.
- Postify – schedule your posts to multiple channels for free.
- Grammarly – great to check your work for all things spelling and grammar.